Friday, November 5, 2010

Lunchtime Lookup

Mmm canned food.
A lot of people hate on Anna Wintour, but not Isaac Likes! He says Anna Wintour is awesome, and I tend to agree. Also discussed, the controversy over the latest Calvin Klein Jeans billboards. (Possibly NSFW, triggering.)

The Sartorialist had a photo of these string curtains all in knots. I love the delapidated look of this!

Gala Darling designed some shoes (in collaboration with Jeff Silverman)! Of COURSE, you know I want them!

Ari at Advanced Style had this great post on dressing how you feel, not by your age. Also, even though I had fun at Ottawa Fashion Week, I wish I had been at this show instead.

My friend Ariel asked me the other day how she should style her new sequinned jacket. It looks like The Budget Babe has a pretty solid lock on how to wear one.

A Glamorous Little Side Project (an offshoot of This Is Glamorous) shared this beautiful capelet. I definitely could rock that. I could also rock this haircut in a major way.

It's a little late for Halloween, but CRAFT has this great tutorial for making masks out of album covers. I would make a Kenny Loggins one to wear in the bath. And I luuuuuuuurve these lacy long socks! Hello winter knitting project...

My Fashion Life announces the Derek Lam crowdsourced collection. Awesome.

Oh, McSweeney's Internet Tendency. You always make me laugh. A Tibetan Buddhist Monk Tries to Figure Out Who Stole a Rock From His Zen Garden. Bad language alert!

Ashley at Dare to Unravel on vice and virtue.

Yikes Machine on gratitude. "You guys, I cried." So did I, reading this lovely piece.

If It's Hip It's Here showcasing sweaters knit from dog fur. That's all well and good, but what does it smell like when it gets wet? Yikes. (Via Gala Darling.)

I DON'T CARE WHOSE NAME IS ON THEM THEY ARE FOREVER HORRIBLE.

Are you beautiful? Of course you are! Faces of Beauty posts reader-submitted photos in the hopes of encouraging self-love and acceptance. Radical self love indeed! I love this!

You Look Fab talks about determining when an item looks dated.

Cyanide and Happiness: why you shouldn't ask if an outfit makes you look fat.

The Cherry Blossom Girl had some Halloween costumes that were super-sexy without being slutty. What a concept.

What did you find on the internet this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment