Thursday, October 28, 2010

Things I Love Thursday (TiLT)

My new Freecycled candles!
Following the advice of Gala Darling, I've decided to start showing gratitude in my life for all the little things that make my days brighter. I've started keeping a list in my DayRunner and whenever I think of something lovely that I like, I write it down. 

So, we've got ourselves a nice little new feature—every Thursday, I'm going to post a list of things I loved, found wonderful, and was thankful for this week!


Let's jump in!

Things I love to do: building outfits for Ottawa Fashion Week; getting caught singing in the elevator; bringing my lunch to work; feeling organised; ironing; cleaning; being a lady

Silly activities with The Boy: making up fake slam poetry; The Boy in my tiara

My amazing friends: drinking tea with and getting clothes from Mariel; Katie's amazing green tea and coconut vegan ice cream

Little luxuries: having my back washed in the tub; cream soda in champagne glasses; sandalwood incense; stickers on calendars denoting special days; red heart-shaped candles scored off Freecycle; people who are good sports; red shoes; socks with heels; animals with people names; heart-shaped accessories; maps; lavender linen spray; watercolours; sunset light on camera-turned faces; big sunglasses; teacups; flocking; The Boy being warm; opening new toys; new books; the art of Maurice Sendak; young adult literature; art supplies; field guides; tarot cards; puzzles

Food: sandwiches made with two potato patties and guacamole; cupcakes for dinner; cupcakes for breakfast; President's Choice Black Olive Tapenade (I am putting that sh*t on everything); sushi; Good & Plenty; tea; grenadine; root beer; Bottlecaps

Cosmetics: Avon Glazewear Shine Lip Gloss in Mauve Moment; Clinique Almost Lipstick in Black Honey



This great NFB short: The Egg

2 comments:

  1. I love this! Totally reminiscent of my blog, which brings me a lot of joy (when I remember to write, that is).

    Keep it up!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Natalie Joy Yes! I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete