Friday, October 29, 2010

Lunchtime Lookup

Photo by D. Sharon Pruitt
While I often love the photography at The Sartorialist, this girl and this girl both blew me away with their beauty.

Ari at Advanced Style shares Rose Sachs' Top Ten Ways to Stay Stylish and Look Great at 98. I love her lorgnettes! I want a pair!

This K. Beaton cartoon made me laugh so hard it's not to be believed.

The CRAFT blog has this great tutorial on making Halloween shoes. I'd be lying if I said I didn't want to make a bunch of pairs just for wearing! I would make these devil horns to go with, of course. I also love this kid's costume for an old-timey strongman. His name is obviously Phinneas. AND OF COURSE THEY HAVE GAGA COSTUMES I LOVE HER.

CRAFT also had these gorgeous tatted ankle corsets; I would love to learn to tat just to make some! Also, a how-to on ruched leggings. And one on what looks like a very labour-intensive felt applique technique on a cardigan. That one looks like too much work for me.

More my speed: Mark Montano's Amazing Lace candle holder.

Before You Were Hot is my new favourite timewaster online. Celebrate your ugly duckling beginnings!

Still don't know what you're going to be for Halloween? Thread NY has a fashion-conscious top ten.

This photo of Christ Elliot as Terry Richardson totally made my day. (I know that it's not very PC to like either of them, but I can't help but enjoying the antics.)

Cyanide and Happiness share my love of a good punctuation joke.

The Budget Babe tries out some eco-friendly laundry detergent.

Angie at You Look Fab talks about layering jackets over dresses. (Via Already Pretty.)

Nubby Twiglet wears (and somehow rocks) a whackadoo Rick Owens jacket.

The Fashion Tribes Blog had a little "what to wear" for London Fashion Week, but it translates to Ottawa as well!

Finally, the Verhext wedding invitations that make me never want to get married. Not because they're not beautiful, but because I could never compete! (Via Gala Darling.)

What's turning you on this week on the internet? (Get your mind out of the gutter, you.)

No comments:

Post a Comment