Saturday, March 6, 2010

Open Letter

Dear French Lady Who Corrected the French Portion of My All-Staff E-mail,

You probably don't know this about me, but I don't actually speak French. However, if you had thought about it, you probably could have figured it out, because you went through the French portion of the all-staff e-mail I sent out and marked in red my errors and sent it to me 15 minutes before quitting time on a Friday afternoon.

I actually copied the French portion of that e-mail from a template (written by a French person), and just changed the applicable words. Because I don't speak French.

I am learning French, I'm taking classes in it, in order to get a better job. In the meantime, thank you for berating me in French after pointing out my errors.

Oh yeah - I don't speak French. So I have no idea what the rest of your e-mail said.

Mange-moi,
Jes

No comments:

Post a Comment