Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Product Review: Shiseido Bio-Performance Advanced Super Revitalizer Cream

For the last couple of weeks, I've been using this cream courtesy of a Sephora sample.

Sephora calls this a "luxurious, yet lightweight, highly-concentrated skin treatment that combats the effects of an aggressive environment, reducing the signs of dryness, roughness, and fine lines as it rehydrates. Antioxidants fight skin-aging free radicals to protect against wrinkles. Exclusive Super Bio-Hyaluronic Acid and Bio-EPO attract and retain moisture for continuous hydration. Recommended for all skin types. Use morning and night..."

While I would hesitate to call this cream lightweight (I am definitely very aware that I am wearing it when I put it on, and it takes at least ten minutes to absorb), it is definitely luxurious. The Shiseido website recommends application on a "pearl-sized" amount (whatever that means - freshwater? cultured?), I have found that a tiny dab of this cream goes a long way on my extremely oily skin. Also, given my oily skin, I only use it before bed.

As for any of its magical properties (fighting free radicals, and again according to the Shiseido website, filling in wrinkles), I haven't noticed any particular benefits over my trusted Clinique.

When it comes to the aethetic qualities of this cream, it smoothes over my skin beautifully. It's not unscented, but the scent is light and floral without being overpowering. It smells a little like the bathroom at my Tante Francine's house!

This lotion retails at Sephora for $70.00 USD for 1.7 oz. Given the tiny amount you need, that should last you a good long time, especially if you have oily skin.

Rating: Three and a half out of five.

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment