Thursday, January 15, 2009

How-To: Keep Your Skin Looking Young

Young-looking skin is practically an obsession in our culture. What can I say - I am jealous of babies, not just because of all the attention they get, but also because of their wonderful skin. But there are some things you can do to keep your skin supple and young-looking. While you can't reverse the aging process, or even stop it, you can reduce it to a slow crawl.


The first, and most important thing, is sunscreen. SPF15 at least. I'm a fan of Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock in SPF30. It doesn't feel gross on the skin, it absorbs quickly, non-greasy... I love this product! Throw it in your bag (next to your sunglasses, which you should always be wearing anyway to prevent those nasty crow's feet) and go!


While we're on the subject of crow's feet, get that eye cream on, ladies! I know I harp on that a lot here, but start now and you'll thank me later.


There are a few habits you can train yourself in that are simple enough to help you out as well. When you are cleansing your skin, never pull or tug, especially around the delicate eye area. As a matter of fact, just keep your hands away from your face as much as you can. And for anyone with pesky little spots (pimples, I mean), do not pick at or pop them. Tempting, I know, but let them go on their own. If you must, put a hot compress on them to bring them to a head, a dab of rubbing alcohol to dry it out, and a touch of Visine to take the redness out (betcha you didn't know that!).


Finally, do yourself a favour and start doing some facial exercises. There's tons online that you can look up. Alternately, this video is great:



Warning: Funny faces are made.

Preferably, do these in the bathroom with the door closed if you cohabitate. Trust me, you're going to get some pretty funny looks if you do it in front of anyone. Actually, let me take that back - do it in front of your partner, it's a great test of love.


You're well on your way to beautiful skin for life!

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment