|Photo by artnoose.|
I'm trying out a new format for these Lunchtime Lookups; I'm going to organize them in the same way I organize my to-do lists, notes to myself, and more!
To feed your brain:
- The Awl and the history of red shoes
- The Cut on the Vogue cover featuring plus-sized models (Note to The Cut: all bodies are "real" bodies, regardless of size!)
- From Etsy, the history of the cheap dress (thanks, Tara!)
- Fashionista shows us some horrifying parenting.
- NY Daily News Forever 21 threatens to sue blogger. Because no retail store should face any criticism. EVER.
- And from Zen Habits dealing with negative people, how to be irresistible at any age and the truth about soy.
To put on your body:
- C&C make a pencil skirt with no pattern forget you, $40 American Apparel version!
- Craftovision make a lovely fascinator Oh yes, I think I shall.
- Elegant Musings' DIY bow belt Why are all these things so adorable?!
- The Frisky highlights reversible jeans. I don't think these are for me - what say you?
- Honestly... WTF pom pom necklace DIY - adorable!
- The Long Thread has a rope handbag.
To put in your home:
- CRAFT creepy creepy creepy planters (I probably wouldn't put these in my home, per se, because of all the nightmares.)
- Kiki Creates ruffle duvet - I do love me a good, cheap DIY version of a more expensive thing!
- Love Charles Vintage decoupage cart
- So September moleskine cover tutorial
To put in your munching cave:
- CRAFT mojito float OH DEAR
- To that end, MAKE gin DOUBLE OH DEAR
- Adorable mason jar meals at The Decorated Cookie Blog
- Also from Etsy, make your own mustard. Um yes please yum.
- Handjobs (For the Home) (Favourite blog name? I think so!) has recipes for almond scented apricot jam and candied lime jalapenos - I know one boy who will be happy with those!
- Hangry Pants makes vegan cookie stuffed blondies.
To have fun:
- Tatertots and Jello makes giant bubbles.
I know some of these people! Nifty!
Vegan. Black. Metal. Chef.
PYGMY SEAHORSES. Yessssssssssssssssssss.
Yup. This is what my brain is like. All the time.
Oh Mike Dooley. Love++.
Maria Bamford is my favourite.
That's it, that's all! Have a fabulous weekend!